During the festive season many people travel to see friends and family or will just get away for a few days. If you are travelling, maintain a healthy mouth with our simple tips.
- Don’t forget to pack your toothbrush, your favourite toothpaste and dental floss, especially if you’re travelling somewhere a little off the beaten track.
- If you’re seeing friends or family for a meal, slip a toothbrush and some dental floss into your handbag or backpack, so if you end up staying late or overnight you can still clean your teeth.
- Make the most of seasonal fresh fruits and veggies and snack on these in between meals rather than on crisps and biscuits.
- Instead of chocolate or sugary foods to finish a meal, head for the cheeseboard as the calcium will help protect your teeth.
- If you have a sugary cocktail, beer or wine then sip on plenty of water. This will help to wash away excess sugars and reduces acidity.