Sweet potatoes are tasty and versatile, but best of all they are good for you. We have outlined five reasons for tucking into sweet potatoes.
- Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin B6 and help to reduce a chemical called homocysteine in our bodies. This chemical is linked with heart attacks and degenerative diseases.
- Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamins C which is essential for healthy teeth and bones and for helping to produce collagen which is essential for healthy connective tissues.
- They contain vitamin D which is a particularly important vitamin during the winter months. It helps protect the immune system and overall health.
- Sweet potatoes contain iron which is essential for energy and for red and white blood cell production. Iron also helps to increase resistance to stress and it supports the immune system.
- They are a great source of magnesium which is essential for healthy arteries and muscles and for blood, bone and nerve function.
For more such tips and recipes, please contact us on (03) 9467 6759 or visit us at Suite 5, Level 1, 20 Scholar Drive, Bundoora VIC 3083.