Buckwheat is a nutrient-packed ancient grain that has been consumed for centuries in Asian countries but is now growing in popularity due to its health benefits. This tasty little grain can be used in a variety of ways to liven up your diet, but what are the potential health benefits?
- Buckwheat is gluten-free and is often added to gluten-free baked goods to add nutrients without causing digestive issues or allergies.
- Buckwheat had relatively few calories and is practically fat free. A cup of cooked buckwheat contains just 650 kJ and 1g of fat.
- This grain is a good source of amino acids, vitamins and minerals and antioxidants.
- Buckwheat has a unique amino acid composition that helps to lower cholesterol levels and hypertension.
- It’s great for your digestion and can help relieve constipation.