Chia seeds are a popular ingredient in many recipes. Here are five reasons why you should include them in your diet.
- Chia seeds are packed full of nutrients. Just 28 grams or 2 tablespoons will give you 30% of your daily magnesium, 18% of your daily calcium and 27% of your daily phosphorus.
- These nutrients are particularly helpful for teeth and bone health, especially for people who do not eat dairy products.
- Chia seeds contain antioxidants, protecting you against the production of free radicals that can increase the risk of cancer and which contribute to premature aging.
- Just 28 grams of chia seeds has 12 grams of fibre so they are very good at absorbing water, increasing the sensation of fullness which can be helpful for dieters.
- Chia seeds are a high-quality source of plant-based protein which is useful for vegetarians and they also contain amino acids.