Did you know it’s Dental Health Week in August? We think it’s an excellent opportunity to talk about dental basics. Look at our list of dos and don’ts to see how well you’re looking after your oral health.
- Make sure you brush your teeth at least twice a day for two minutes each time and especially before you go to sleep.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months or sooner if the bristles look worn or splayed.
- Use high-quality, gentle toothpaste. Some toothpaste, especially whitening toothpaste, can be very abrasive and may damage your tooth enamel.
- Visit New Age Dental every six months for your regular check-ups because it’s such an easy way to maintain a healthy smile!
- Brush your teeth too hard because you can damage your tooth enamel and your gums. Instead, use gentle circular motions to brush your teeth while holding your brush at a 45° angle.
- Have hot water and lemon to start your day or suck on lemons, because the acidity in lemon juice can erode your tooth enamel.
- Use somebody else’s toothbrush because a damp toothbrush is a perfect environment for bacteria to thrive.
- Use your teeth to open packets or wrappers because this can chip or crack them.